The ability to bypass the blocking of sites and services with the help of VPN services has been well received by the majority of Internet users. Such applications have become kind of “a secret passage” in the wall of blocks and prohibitions.
Nonetheless in many cases when the VPN service constantly turned on, users cannot run some programs and sites. As a result, you have to turn it on and off many times a day, which is somewhat inconvenient.
However, this problem is quite easily solved. A couple of simple manipulations are enough for the smartphone to automatically turn on and off the VPN when required.
It is quite easy to configure the necessary automation settings. You just need to know where to look for them in the menu and what commands to set. It all depends on the operating system of the gadget. Today we will have a look at the process of using an iPhone as an example, getting back to Android in one of the following articles.
To begin with, we configure the VPN itself
First, let’s recall how to activate a block bypass function on an iPhone. The easiest way is to download the appropriate app in the App Store. There is plenty of choice, but we will not explore any particular program in detail. After all, they all perform one function: they allow users to bypass geographical restrictions.
- Choose the VPN service you prefer.
- Download and install it.
- Run and, if necessary, create a suitable configuration.
- In some cases, special permissions are required – it depends on the application.
- Launch the service and click the “Connect” button.
Afterwards it’s worth checking if everything is working correctly. Go to any by default inaccessible site: if you managed to enter it, the service is working. Now you can start teaching the iPhone to turn on and off the VPN automatically.
To do this, you need to decide which commands the gadget should react to. For example, to opening a particular service. All this must be written in the instructions. Therefore, in order to avoid constantly adding more and more commands later, we recommend you immediately selecting all the “triggers” for the VPN auto-activation.
The process of automating the VPN connection
Depending on the iOS version, the algorithm of actions may vary insignificantly. The key word here is “insignificantly”. All in all, the sequence of actions is the same:
- Download the official application “Teams” to your iPhone, if you did not find it on the phone. Important: the official Apple application is needed, and everything that is written below is relevant for this one.
- Launch and find the “Automation” tab.
- Click “Create automation for yourself” – opens a list of functions that can be transferred to automatic “rails”. You need the item “Application” here.
- Find an application that requires a VPN connection to work with, and confirm the choice by clicking the “Done” button.
- Now tick the “Open” item, which is located below the “Applications” tab.
- Next, you need to configure the required bundle. Go to the next screen and click “Add action” here. A list of services opens, in which you see the VPN installed previously.
- Click on it and select “Configure” in the window that opens.
- In the screen that opens, you need to make sure that the “Enable VPN connection” command is set.
Important clarification: the “Ask before launching” function should not be disabled on the next screen. Otherwise, every time you open the application for which you have configured the autorun of the block bypassing, you will be redirected to the VPN service, even if the connection via the virtual network is already active.
Now click “Done” – and check the result. If the setup of the automatic start of the VPN service was done correctly, then the application for which we created such an autorun will open without problems and unnecessary difficulties.
How to set up an automatic VPN shutdown on your iPhone?
A constantly working VPN connection will not only interfere with the work of other applications, but also actively drain the battery. Therefore, you need to teach your smartphone to connect and disconnect the block bypassing when it is not needed. To do this, you will have to set up a separate quick command.
Nothing complicated, since you will need to do almost the same as for a self-enabling of a VPN, only with a different logic:
- Open the already familiar application “Commands”.
- Go to the “Automation” tab and click on the icon for adding a new algorithm.
- Next, click the “Create automation for yourself” button, then select the “Application” item.
- From the list of installed applications, select the one that will serve as a command to break the VPN connection when closing it.
- Check the “Closed” status.
- Go to the “Action” screen and set the “Disable” variable.
As for the “Ask before launch” slider, in this case it is better to deactivate it. Otherwise, every time you exit the application for which we configured connection and disconnection, you will be transferred to the VPN service.
After completing all the settings, click “Done” and check the correctness of the work.
If you regularly use VPN services on your iPhone, it’s worth automating their launch – in this case, the smartphone will enable bypass blocking on its own.
Everything is done simply and quickly: you only need the “Teams” application, which you can download from the App Store. In the quick commands, you only need to select the service you are using and set the script that corresponds to the required action.
For each individual application, you will have to configure a VPN autorun individually.